YOR Teamwork is a blog that follows health and wellness news especially as it relates to YOR Health Products. If you are already a team member or just looking for the best way to get and STAY healthy - Welcome!

Sunday, January 31, 2010

YOR Health Digestive Enzymes Are Tough to Beat!

When I was first investigating digestive enzymes I felt a little overwhelmed. Because they are considered nutraceuticals here in the U.S. there is no standardized unit of measure that every manufacturer has to include on the nutritional label. This made my quest to compare products very difficult.

So of course, I spent a few nights searching for any tidbit I could find on digestive enzymes. After weeding through a lot of random medical studies and a few overly complicated websites, I happened to find a great little site that does the best job breaking down the basics of digestive enzymes. That website is called Enzyme Stuff.

If you are looking to try and compare digestive enzyme products, GO HERE and read about how to compare enzyme products.

I won't recreate everything from the Selecting Products Guide, but there are a few key insights that I'd like to share that were helpful for me. I will include links to sources whenever possible.

1. Digestive enzymes should never be measured in milligrams (mg). Since a digestive enzyme's effectiveness is based on the activity level of the enzyme, milligrams are a useless measurement. Any product that ONLY gives you milligrams is a waste of money. Many products give you milligrams AND units that measure activity. One common unit of measure used to measure the activity level of protease (digestive enzymes that specifically digest proteins) is an HUT.

YOR Health Digestive Enzymes all have 80,000 HUT of protease per capsule. I have found that this is pretty high per pill. Also there are no fillers in these products at all, wheras most I found have fillers that can add sodium.

EXAMPLE: Competitor Product A has 26,000 HUT of protease per 2 capsules = 13,000 HUT of protease per 1 capsule. What this actually means is that YOR Digestive Enzymes work a little over 6 times faster than the competition. The competition is about $5 less than YOR, but you can see that if you compare the effectiveness, you would have to spend much more to accomplish the same amount of digestive power if you chose the competition.

2. Just what are enzymes and why are they so important? I found this video to be extremely helpful. This guy simplifies everything so even a child could understand it!

3. All digestive enzymes are not created equal! Many plant-based enzymes can survive the hostile environment of the stomach and actually make it into the intestines where the majority of nutrient absorption takes place. YOR Digestive Enzymes are the highest quality and are super potent. They were developed by Dr. Fuller who is one of the pioneers of digestive enzyme research.

Here is an article explaining the difference between enzymes.


....and a video.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Clicky Web Analytics